Keeping Your Child From The Other Parent Could Cost You Custody!

I hear this question often: the other parent is keeping me from my child, what can I do about it? The short answer is … it depends! It depends on whether there is a court order already in place for custody and parenting time. IF THERE IS NO COURT ORDER IN PLACE ADDRESSING CUSTODY AND PARENTING TIME: You need to file a Motion to establish custody and parenting time. The downside is that it will take you about 30 days to get into court so that you can get a custody and parenting time order. You could file for emergent custody but unless you can convince the Court your child is in physical danger, it will not be granted, and you’ll have to wait the normal 30 days. What does that mean? It me

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square


1125 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 539

Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401

Tel: 609-892-8773

Fax:  609-939-0831 

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon

​​​​© 2017-2020 Kelly McGriff Law, LLC     |     TERMS & CONDITIONS     |      PRIVACY POLICY