I’m not happy with my Court Order, what can I do about this?

You have a few options if you are not happy with your Court Order. First, you can file a Motion for Reconsideration. The goal of a Motion for Reconsideration is to convince the Judge he or she made a mistake and should change their prior Order. There are pros and cons to this: Pros: A Motion for Reconsideration is easier and cheaper than an appeal. It’s a faster process than an appeal. Cons: A Motion for Reconsideration has a strict deadline (it must be filed within 20 days of your receipt of the Order) Your Motion is heard and decided by the same judge who made the decision you do not agree with. It’s difficult to convince a judge they were wrong and should change their mind. Second, you

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square


1125 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 539

Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401

Tel: 609-892-8773

Fax:  609-939-0831


  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon

​​​​© 2017-2020 Kelly McGriff Law, LLC     |     TERMS & CONDITIONS     |      PRIVACY POLICY